CONFERENCES AT IEMA & GMIC
- The Institute of Research, Music and Acoustics - IEMA – has the honor to invite you to the International Open Meeting entitled:
"The Music Entrepreneurship in the New Era"
• The European Landscape of Music Entrepreneurship
• New business models
• Mapping of the Industry Landscape
• Networking in New Era
• Professionals and Artists Collaboration
• Access to New Markets - Export of Music
The meeting is addressed to professionals of the music industry and all interested parties, and is realised within the framework of the European Project SuCarMuS (Sustainable Careers in the Music Sector), implemented by IEMA, the Cyprus Music Information Center in collaboration to the World Music Expo (WOMEX). Co-founded by the EU program Creative Europe - Music Moves Europe.
Open Meeting "Music Industry in the new era", 9:30:00-14:00
Networking, Cooperation, New Business Models, Reaching New Markets
• 9:30-10:00 Welcome, Registration
• 10:00-10:30 SuCarMuS project through the eyes of the trainees
• 10:30-11.30 Round table "What's New in the European Music Business Landscape" – Discussion with the audience
• 11:30-11.45 Coffee break
• 11.45-12:45 Round table "Cooperation, Mapping, Networking in the new Era" – Discussion with the audience
• 12:45-13:00 Coffee break
• 13:00-13:30 World Café 4 tables:
b. New business models
c. Professionals and artists cooperation
d. Exporting Music and reaching new markets
• 13:30-14:00 Reports of World Café tables and closing.
Date/time: Saturday, February 1, 2020, 9: 30-14: 00
Place: INNOVATHENS - Hub of Innovation & Entrepreneurship Technopolis City of Athens, Peireos 100, Gazi, Kerameikos
Official language of the meeting is English (possibility of Greek translation)
There is priority queue, so please if you intend to participate register at the event or here: https://forms.gle/cx7QYgD8vsyFtjUD7
Contact details: 210 3310129 – 6944555738
- Confernece: "Music Information and Society", Athens Friday 22 June 2012, in the frame of the The Annual Conference and Annual Meeting and General Assembly of IAMIC, 21-25 June 2012
- Conference: The harmful cosequences of noise and how to conftront them, 5/5/2011 at Studio "Lidra" (in Greek)
- Conference: "The music professional in the digital environment. Trends, challenges and prospects" on 11 & 12 December 2008, at the Athens Conservatory,
ΙΕΜΑ, in cooperation with the Department for Culture Media and Communication of the Panteion University, organizes on December 11-12, 2008, the conference "The music professional in the digital environment. Trends, challenges and prospects", at the Athens Conservatory . The conference, which in a way constitutes a subsequence to the "Music in the digital era" conference that took place on 3/10/2008, is addressed to professional musicians as well as digital education professionals.
The first day of the conference will include presentations on New Bussiness Models, Copyrights and Contracts Issues and Future Trends and Scenarios in Digital Music. The second day is dedicated to digital music education and includes educational seminars for professionals on digital music enterprises. The conference's program can be found here. Applications for the conference can be entered here
The conference is organized by IEMA in cooperation with the Department for Culture Media and Communication of the Panteion University, within the frame of the DMET project.
- Conference "Music in the digital era, digitisation of music archives, promotion and distribution of music"
Ministry of Culture, October 3rd, 2008, 10:30 am
IEMA organized a conference on October 3rd 2008 at the Amphitheatre of the Ministry of Culture, Bouboulinas 20, Athens, on music in the digital era, the digitisation of music archives, the promotion and distribution of music on the internet and the interoperability of digitized music files.
- Methods and specifications of music archive digitization
- Presentation of digitized Music Archives
- Methods and copyright issues concerning music on the internet
- Exploration of the interoperability and cooperation possibilities of digitized music archives
- 1st Panhellenic Music Research Symposium (Ministry of Culture 14-15 December 2001)
Insitutional Issues of Music Research
- Presentations of Research Activities by various institutions
- Contemporary Issues and Problems in Music Research
- Institutional Proposals and Solutions
- Creation of a Communication and Cooperation Network