CURRENT RESEARCH PROJECTS
- MINSTREL Project
European Project under the EU Culture (2007-2013) frame Programm
- Environmental noise
Study of the legal frame of the environmental noise and the allowed limits. Realization of measurements and noise map for the historical center of Athens.
- Music and Sound Digitization Specifications
A team of IEMA associates developed a report for the digitalisation of sound and music.
- Development of Digital Archive of Newer and Contemporary Greek Music Culture
This project concerns digitization of archive material of Newer and Contemporary Greek Music Culture and its formation in a unified body in the form of a Digital Music Archive.
- Actions for Promoting the Greek Music Culture
Concerns the development of a web-site dedicated to the Greek Music Culture and the creation of a relevant DVD-ROM to be used in education.
- POLYMNIA – Development of Music Tools and Music Portal
This program works for the creation of digital tools for the digitization of music, music research, creation, performance, education and information as well as the creation of an internet music portal.
- Pilot program for the introduction of new music education methods in schools (part of the National Program “MELINA – Education and Culture”)
The “MELINA” program is a joint initiative from the Ministry of Culture and the Ministry of Education and aims at introducing new educational approaches to schools through the comprehensive use of the Arts and Culture. The Institute’s participation in the program is focused in music education and in supporting the materialization of the sub-projects of the program. Specialised educational and supportive material has been written in printed, sound and digital form and has been distributed in schools. In the meanwhile, continuous educational programs for teachers are running. The project is in its seventh year and in the spreading phase to all schools in Greece.
- Digital Music Education and Training (D.M.E.T.) (in the “CULTURE 2000” program framework)
D.M.E.T. works for the development and implementation of a series of actions aiming to familiarize professional musicians and operators with the new possibilities that are offered through digital technology and the internet.