CONFERENCE: THE MUSIC PROFESSIONAL IN THE DIGITAL ENVIRONMENT
The Institute for Research on Music and Acoustics (ΙΕΜΑ) in cooperation with the Department for Culture Media and Communication of the Panteion University organizes on December 19 & 20, 2008, the conference "The music professional in the digital environment. Trends, challenges and prospects".
The conference is addressed to to professional musicians, people involved in music distribution, the users as well as digital education professionals.
The conference aims to:
a) explore the issues and problems faced by professional musicians, the music market and the users through the challenges of digital technology and
b) establish an educational framework for professionals in digital music entrepreneurship.
The first day of the conference is open to the public and will include be focused on New Business Models, Copyrights and Contracts Issues and Future Trends and Scenarios in Digital Music.
The second day is dedicated to digital music education and includes training seminars for educators on digital music entrepreneurship.
The conference is realized within the frame of the «Digital Music Education and Training» (Culture 2000) program of the EU.
Day 1: Friday 19/12/2008
13:30-14:00 Conference inscription
14:00-14:15 Session 1 Welcome and Greetings
14:15-15:45 Session 2 New Business models
- Georges Frigkas: «Music as service»
- Antonis Plessas: «Νew trends in promotion and sales of music works by independent productions in today's international market»
- Christos Kambylis: «Towards an artist led movement»
- Kostas Moschos: «Music scores, digital distribution models»
- Georges-Michael Klimis: «Future scenarios in the worldwide digital market»
15:45-16:00 Coffee break
16:00-17:30 Session 3 Intellectual property and contracts
- Patryk Galuszka: «Netaudio, Creative Commons and emerging business models for unsigned artists»
- Evangelia Vagena: «Legal issues involved in the digital distribution of music (p2p, ISPs liability, DRM etc)»
- Dimitris Alevras (ΑΕPΙ) Intellectual property in the different digital distribution cases
- Elena Spyropoulou (lawyer of the Internet users union): «Intellectual Property and the Internet»
17:30-17:45 Coffee break
17:45-19:15 Session 4 Future trends and scenarios
- Nikos Vasilakos (Representative from the Internet Users): «New music utilities in the Web 2.0 »
- Alexandros Baltzis: «The musicians between industry and community»
- Eirini Giannara: The radio in the web environment
- Kostas Kassaras: «The social influence to the cultural industries»
19:15-19:30 Conference closure
Day 2: Saturday 20/12/2008
DMET Training of trainers sessions on
education on digital music entrepreneurship
10:00 The DMET curriculum: Scope, objectives, learning outcomes (mica)
10:30 Economics and the business of music (K. Moschos, M. Kominek)
11:00 Music Industry Business Environment (G.M. Klimis)
11:30 Marketing in the pre-digital and digital era (P. Galuszka)
12:00 Copyright issues (E. Vagena)
12:30 Production of music material (A. Plessas, K. Moschos)
13:00 E-commerce and E-business models (P. Galuszka)
13:30 Light meal
14:00 Case studies on digital distribution and on artist (G. Frigkas)
14:30 Entrepreneurship and strategy (G.M Klimis)
15:00 Future Scenarios (G.M. Klimis)
15:30 Thesis seminar (G. Frigkas)
Conference subscription (for greek participants)